(OSHAWA, ONT) The Canadian Lacrosse Association will be hosting the 2013 Turtle Island Festival of Lacrosse during the 2013 Women’s World Cup. The festival will take place from Friday, July 12 through Sunday, July 14 and will be held at the Oshawa City Recreation Complex — the same venue as the World Cup!
Teams from the UK, USA and Canada have already registered to be part of this great event! Please join them!
The 2013 Turtle Island Festival of Lacrosse
at the 2013 Women’s World Cup
- Six (6) full games
- Three (3) day event passes for the 2013 FIL Women’s World Cup
- A participant package which includes t-shirt and string backpack
Friday July 12, Saturday July 13, & Sunday July 14, 2013
All games will be held at the Oshawa Civic Recreation Complex.
- Two double beds, private bathroom & 3 meals
- 2 per room – $90.00 CAD per night/per person
- 4 per room – $65.00 CAD per night/per person
To reserve your spot please contact: Alicia Del Fuoco at: email@example.com
Register on the 2013 World Cup website at: 2013 Turtle Island Festival of Lacrosse
About the Venue
The Civic Recreation Complex is Durham Region’s most diverse recreation facility and a premier sporting destination. Renovated and expanded in 2011, this facility features 5 outdoor fields (2 with artificial turf), a full-size indoor field-house, indoor and outdoor tracks, swimming pool, fitness centre, indoor tennis, badminton and squash courts. A newly opened playground is also on site.
There is an operating concession in the summer months inside the Civic Stadium. The facility has computer stations for public use and an ATM on the premises.
Learn more at: City Recreation Complex
Whether you’re visiting for a few hours or a few days, Oshawa is a community filled with entertainment, national historic sites, top-rated restaurants, a mix of local and brand name shopping and of coarse, plenty of green space!
Oshawa is proudly home to a variety of must-see attractions and activities including…
- Parkwood National Historic Site – The famous home built by auto baron R.S. McLaughlin, is now a museum full of inspirational and innovative detail. This prominent landmark has also been the location of choice for blockbuster films such as X-Men and Billy Madison – @ParkwoodEstate
- Canadian Automotive Museum – Housed in an authentic 1920’s car dealership, this museum contains more than 60 vehicles in its popular display
- General Motors Centre – Located in the heart of Downtown Oshawa, is the entertainment hub for Durham Region. Home to the Oshawa Power NBL team, the Oshawa Generals OHL team and the Oshawa Sports Hall of Fame…all in addition to countless entertainment acts every year – @GMCentre
- The Robert McLaughlin Gallery (RMG) – The largest public gallery in Durham Region and features a permanent collection of more than 4,000 works of art – @TheRMG
- Top Rated Annual Festivals! – Fiesta Week, AutoFest, RibFest and North America’s largest contemporary Peony Festival…to name a few
For the outdoor enthusiast:
- Oshawa Valley Botanical Gardens – the site of North America’s largest contemporary Peony collection
- Oak Ridges Moraine – home to the Treetop Eco-Adventure Park, the GTA’s newest zip-line and outdoor adventure park – @TreeTopEco
- Beautiful & Pristine Wildlife Reserves – Pumphouse Marsh, Second Marsh and the McLaughlin Bay Wildlife Reserve
- Lakeview Park – the scenic location of the Oshawa Community Museum’s three nineteenth century homes, several picnic areas, playgrounds, sports fields, a waterfront pier and of coarse, sandy beaches
- Outstanding Restaurants – for all tastes – check out Downtown Oshawa’s exclusive Dining Guide for your own peek inside the city’s local food district
- The Oshawa Centre – the largest and busiest shopping centre in Durham Region, is home to more than 200 establishments that include retail, food and a variety of services – @OshawaCentre
- Downtown Oshawa – Boasts a variety of unique local retail establishments and outstanding restaurants. Annual events in the Downtown core include the Original Downtown Sidewalk Sale, the Festival of Murals and the AutoFest Kick-Off – @OshawaDowntown
Retail Centres – Oshawa is home to a variety of shopping districts including the Harmony/Taunton Shopping Centre and the Stevenson Road Smart Centre
Learn more at: About Oshawa
About the CLA
The Canadian Lacrosse Association – CLA (French: l’Association canadienne de crosse), founded in 1867, is the governing body of lacrosse in Canada. It conducts national junior and senior championship tournaments for men and women in both field and box lacrosse. The CLA is comprised of over a dozen regional bodies and participates in all Federation of International Lacrosse world championship events.