FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 17, 2020
World Lacrosse Commemorates One Year Countdown To Limerick 2021 With Launch Of New Organizational Website
COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO, USA — To help commemorate the One Year Countdown to the start of the 2021 World Lacrosse Men’s U20 World Championship in Limerick, Ireland, World Lacrosse today launched a new organizational website.
The address for the website remains the same: www.worldlacrosse.sport
But, the features, functionality and user experience are considerably different.
The new World Lacrosse website and overarching digital strategy was developed by World Lacrosse in partnership with Skylab, a digital innovation agency based in Manchester, England. Skylab has a strong pedigree in sport, having worked with teams and governing organizations such as Manchester United, Manchester City, Red Bull Racing, England Lacrosse, England Athletics, Swim England and the British Paralympic Association. Founded in 2005, Skylab was recently acquired by Manchester-based Inc & Co Group.
The launch of the website marks the first important milestone in a multi-year digital strategy and acts as the foundation for future developments. Key features of the new website include:
- An improved user experience with a fresh, responsive design, optimized across mobile, tablet and desktop devices
- Improved navigation and content, having undergone a substantial audit and review of existing content and assets
- A built-in video player for live game action, custom-produced content and archival footage from previous international events
- A powerful Content Management Platform, which will allow World Lacrosse to rapidly adapt the website as and when required
- Multisite technology, which will enable World Lacrosse to run multiple, targeted websites for key audiences such as member-National Governing Bodies, event partners and fans.
In subsequent phases of development, World Lacrosse will be able to offer member-NGBs and Continental Federations the option of running their website on the World Lacrosse platform, leveraging the same technology and tools that the international federation uses. For many member-NGBs, this will fast track their development efforts, providing them with their own world-class web platform and digital tools at highly competitive pricing levels.
Next month, World Lacrosse will introduce an e-commerce platform as part of the new website, enabling fans and followers of lacrosse around the globe to purchase officially-licensed World Lacrosse apparel and merchandise for the first time.
In addition to the launch of its new website, World Lacrosse is releasing a video today with a greeting from five athletes training to compete in the 2021 World Lacrosse Men’s U20 World Championship, along with President Sue Redfern. World Lacrosse and the Limerick 2021 Organizing Committee will be sharing other promotional content across their digital/social platforms throughout the day.
The 2021 World Lacrosse Men’s U20 World Championship will take place June 17-26, 2021 at the University of Limerick.