Lacrosse Scotland is pleased to announce that Martin Clarke is the 2014 inductee into the 2014 Lacrosse Scotland Hall of Fame.
Martin first represented Scotland as a player in 1989 against an English Universities team – the first time the men had fielded a team in over 100 years. He remained a player in most major events, including British, European and World Championships, through to 2005 when he retired from International lacrosse.
During this 16 year period Martin also took on a lead role in major event organisation – fund raising, sponsorship, equipment & clothing supply, travel, logistics, treasurer, trials and other general administration.
In the early years with Scotland, he was one of the team selectors and have had the honour of captaining the National team on many occasions.
- Member of the re-founded Men’s National Team in 1991.
- Selected to play in the European Championship teams in:
- 1996 (Germany)
- 1999 (England)
- 2000 (Scotland)
- Selected to play in the World Championship teams in:
- 1994 (England)
- 1998 (USA)
- 2002 (Australia)
- Overall leading points scorer in 1998 ILF World Championships:
- 32 points (15 goals, 17 assists)
- Winner of Most Valuable Player, Scotland vs. Sweden, European Championships 1999
- Winner of International Lacrosse Federation, Spirit of International Lacrosse Award 2002
- Tour organiser for:
- European Championships 1996
- World Championships 1998
- World Championships 2002
Congratulations Martin Clarke.
Original Post: 2014 Hall of Fame Inductee Martin Clarke