As the owners of all world championship events, World Lacrosse grants hosting rights to cities and National Governing Bodies through a bidding process. WL considers this opportunity a partnership between the host city, NGB, venue and World Lacrosse. Each stakeholder has its part to play in delivering each world-class event, and ensuring a fair and consistent competition for athletes, a memorable and enjoyable fan experience, a positive impact to the host city and NGB, and a sport legacy that expands access to lacrosse and its benefits across the local region.
The bidding process is currently open for the following events, taking place from 2025 to 2027:
- 2025 World Lacrosse Men’s U20 Championship
- 2026 World Lacrosse Women’s Championship
- 2026/27 World Lacrosse Sixes Championships (Men+Women)
- 2027 World Lacrosse Men’s Championship
The RFP is linked here and in the image above.
- World Lacrosse adds Uzbekistan as 91st member, U.S. Virgin Islands becomes full member
- Joint statement from World Lacrosse and Haudenosaunee Nationals Lacrosse
- Gallery: Sights from PALA Sixes
- “There’s nothing like the feeling of representing your people” – Haudenosaunee star Jalyn Jimerson reflects on her lacrosse journey