World Lacrosse is the international governing body for men’s and women’s lacrosse. World Lacrosse is responsible for the governance and integrity of all forms of lacrosse and provides responsive and effective leadership to support the sport’s development throughout the world.
World Lacrosse regularly seeks to identify qualified individuals interested in being considered for volunteer positions within the organization’s governance structure. Along with the experience and competencies required for specific volunteer roles, World Lacrosse seeks individuals who will contribute positively to the organization’s operational and cultural development.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
POSITION TITLE: World Lacrosse Women’s Rules Sub-Committee Chairperson
REPORTING TO: Brent Nowicki, World Lacrosse Chair of Rules
LOCATION: No Preference
COMPENSATION: None (volunteer role), although approved travel and accommodations expenses will be reimbursed.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead and manage the development and operations of World Lacrosse’s Women’s Playing Rules in line with organisational strategic goals, best practice guidelines and departmental operation plan. Ensure a consistent approach to development is taken through building efficient and effective playing rules that World Lacrosse and Member Nations will utilise to play Women’s Lacrosse.
PRIORITIES: The priorities of this position include:
- Support and assist the Board of Directors and specifically the World Lacrosse Chair of Rules in achieving the vision, mission and objectives of World Lacrosse
- Appoint and oversee the day to day management of the Women’s Rules Sub Committee. They shall establish the agenda and timing for Sub Committee meetings and preside over these meetings.
- Writes clear and concise rules that will be considered by the members for inclusion in World Lacrosse Women’s Rule Book
- Liaises with member nations on any rule change submissions
- Liaises with the Chair of Rules on any rule change submissions from the Board of Directors
- Manages the bi-annual rule change process, including the development of any required materials for General Assemblies or postal voting by members
- Manages the development and publication of the electronic rule book on a biannual basis
- Manages the development and communication of all rule changes and interpretations to the membership
- Manage the Women’s Rules content on World Lacrosse website
- Liaises with the Women’s Officiating Sub-Committee Chair ensuring agreed rule changes are supported with the development of any associated interpretations and policies
- Work with the Education and Training Committee to assist in the development of learning programmes, supporting materials and the development and management of rules tests that may be utilised as part of the Officiating Pathway
- Liaises with the Men’s and Indoor Rules Subcommittee Chairs’ to look for opportunities to simplify, clarify and rationalise the playing rules, ensuring the integrity of the playing domain is maintained
- Liaises with World Lacrosse Chief Medical Officer to understand the impact the playing rules have on player safety and develops rule proposals that may be considered by the members related to this area
- Sit as a member of World Lacrosse Rules Committee to be Chaired by the World Lacrosse Rules Chair
COMPETENCIES: The competencies for required for successful performance in this role include:
- Has a working knowledge of the rules of Womens lacrosse with with additional knowledge of the rules for mens or Indoor lacrosse being beneficial.
- Advanced business acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Team leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Practical experience of the use of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel essential)
- Strategic thinker, comfortable with change management
- Knowledge and understanding of event management
- Knowledge of the lacrosse competition landscape
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: The personal attributes that will best position candidates for successful performance in this role include:
- Integrity and honesty
- Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Masterful organizational skills
- Optimism and energy for World Lacrosse brand and its future
- Open and collaborative nature
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
APPLICATION DIRECTIONS: Interested and qualified applicants should send a cover letter and synopsis of qualifications relevant to the position to:
- Kim Bartkowski, Assistant to the CEO, c/o kbartkowski@WorldLacrosse.sport
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 18, 2019