World Lacrosse is the international governing body for men’s and women’s lacrosse. World Lacrosse is responsible for the governance and integrity of all forms of lacrosse and provides responsive and effective leadership to support the sport’s development throughout the world.
World Lacrosse regularly seeks to identify qualified individuals interested in being considered for volunteer positions within the organization’s governance structure. Along with the experience and competencies required for specific volunteer roles, World Lacrosse seeks individuals who will contribute positively to the organization’s operational and cultural development.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
POSITION TITLE: World Lacrosse Women’s Officiating Sub-Committee Chairperson
REPORTING TO: World Lacrosse Chair of Officiating (Interim – Don Blacklock, World Lacrosse Technical Director)
LOCATION: No Preference
COMPENSATION: None (volunteer role), although approved travel and accommodations expenses will be reimbursed.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead and manage the strategic development of the World Lacrosse Women’s Officiating programme in line with organisational strategic goals, best practice guidelines and departmental operation plan. Ensure a consistent approach to development is taken through building efficient and effective systems that World Lacrosse and Member Nations can utilise to further their own officiating programme development.
PRIORITIES: The priorities of this position include:
- Support and assist the Board of Directors and specifically the Technical Director in achieving the vision, mission and objectives of World Lacrosse
- Implement World Lacrosse Officiating Strategic plan across the membership and monitor the impact and outcomes of the agreed deliverables
- Appoint and oversee the day to day management of the Women’s Officiating Sub-Committee. Shall establish the agenda and timing for Committee meetings and preside over these meetings.
- Liaise with the Women’s Rules Chair assisting in the rule change process for Womens Lacrosse ensuring agreed rule changes are supported with the development of any associated policies, officiating mechanics and interpretations are communicated to the officiating community
- Responsible to appoint world event officiating leadership, selection of officials and oversee the delivery of officiating and assessment programmes at each Women’s World event
- Work with Regional Federation Officiating Chairs to assist appointing officials and officials coaches for Regional Competitions where they are deemed world event qualifiers
- Look for opportunities to enhance and improve the game through officiating or rules
- Develop effective officiating policies and procedures for the women’s programme ensuring where feasible they are harmonised with other similar policies that may exist across the game
- Work with the Education and Training Committee to assist in the development of learning programmes and supporting materials
- To support, monitor and regularly assess the performance of international, regional and national officiating programmes
- Promotes officiating news and successes via press releases and social media channels
- Works collaboratively with the Men’s and Education Chairs’.
- May be an ad-hoc member of the Education Committee
- Is an ex officio member of the Women’s Rules Committees’
COMPETENCIES: The competencies for required for successful performance in this role include:
- Advanced business acumen
- Knowledge and understanding of lacrosse officiating techniques in women’s Lacrosse. Experience in other sports officiating would be beneficial
- Knowledge of lacrosse rules of play
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Team leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Practical experience of the use of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel essential)
- Strategic thinker, comfortable with change management
- Knowledge and understanding of event management
- Knowledge of the lacrosse competition landscape
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: The personal attributes that will best position candidates for successful performance in this role include:
- Integrity and honesty
- Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Masterful organizational skills
- Optimism and energy for World Lacrosse brand and its future
- Open and collaborative nature
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
APPLICATION DIRECTIONS: Interested and qualified applicants should send a cover letter and synopsis of qualifications relevant to the position to:
- Kim Bartkowski, Assistant to the CEO, c/o kbartkowski@WorldLacrosse.sport
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 18, 2019