Want to Develop Lacrosse in Your Country?
Interested in becoming a lacrosse member nation?
The World Lacrosse can marshal a significant number of resources to assist in the development of the sport of lacrosse in your nation.
Here’s what you need to do before we commit those resources:
- Ensure that the sport is being introduced within an educational system or solid organizational structure
- A clear, unified leadership group within the nation is identified
- A Development Questionnaire (below) is completed and submitted by the developing nation
- A development plan is submitted by the developing nation and submitted to the Development Committee (the Development Committee can provide assistance, if necessary, in the preparation of your development plan)
The resources we offer include providing information, DVD’s, equipment grants, clinics, advice and guidance to native individuals and groups interested in establishing lacrosse in their country.
The first step is to submit a completed Development Questionnaire (below). Once we receive the completed form you will be contacted and introduced to the wonderful world of international lacrosse development.
We look forward to hearing from you very soon.
—The World Lacrosse Development Committee
What equipment is needed to play lacrosse?
Surprisingly, the game of lacrosse does not require much equipment to play. Here’s all you need play lacrosse:
(Men’s and/or Women’s Lacrosse)
- Flat playing surface, preferably grass, approximately the same size as a football (soccer) pitch; 100-122m long by 50-60m wide
- 2 Goals with Nets (1.83m tall by 1.83m wide)
- Lacrosse Balls
- Men’s Lacrosse Stick (Men’s Crosse)
- Arm Guards
- Mouth Guard
- Shoulder Pads (optional)
- Women’s Lacrosse Stick (Women’s Crosse)
- Mouth Guard
World Lacrosse can help with instructional clinics and equipment. Please complete the below forms to apply for assistance.